So you’ve just become a homeowner. What comes next? If you’re not sure or are looking for some useful pointers, then join us and the Central Jersey Housing Resource Center (CJHRC) for a presentation all about what to do and what you can expect after buying a home!
Post Purchase Workshop for Existing Homeowners
Thursday, September 6th
4:30 PM to 8:30 PM
This FREE course will cover the following:
- The Financial Responsibilities of Home Ownership
- Maintaining a good credit file
- Refinancing & Debt to Income Ratio
- Homeowners Insurance –Understanding Coverage You Need & More
- Home Maintenance & Safety Tips
- How to Select a Contractor & How to Avoid a Scam
- Review of The Affordable Housing Program (Review of Rules, Maximum Resale- How Calculations are Computed with Examples, Refinancing Process and Approval Needs, HOA Fees)
- Resources Homeowners May Qualify For (Weatherization, Rehab, Grants, etc..)
- And more…
Pre-registered participants who complete the workshop, all documents, and evaluation will be able to enter a drawing for a $50 gift card! A light dinner will be provided.
To register (you need to be a homeowner) call (908) 704-9649, mailbox 5. If you get voice mail, please spell your name and the (names) of other people in your household who will attend with you. Do not forget to leave a daytime phone number, as someone from our office will be contacting you to complete the registration.
In the meantime…
Here are two reading suggestions that can help improve your new home!
100 Things Every Homeowner Must Know: How to Save Money, Solve Problems, and Improve Your Home (Readers Digest Association)
Available in print at the library. Call the Reference Desk at 732-873-8700 ext 111 to put our copy on hold.
The Complete Photo Guide to Homeowner Basics: 100 Essential Projects Every Homeowner Needs to Know (Black & Decker)