FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY ANNUAL BOOK SALE – OCTOBER 15/16, 2011
Franklin Township Public Library is now accepting donations of books and other materials for the Annual Book Sale to be held October 15 and 16, 2011. Books must be delivered to the Circulation Desk during normal business hours. Out of consideration for others, we request that you do not drop donations in the book returns or leave them in bags and boxes outside the library. A form letter for tax purposes is available upon request; however the estimated valuation of the donation is the responsibility of the donor.
Please consider the following when donating materials to the library:
- Materials must be in good physical condition (no water damage, mildew, underlining or highlighting).
- Paperback books must have covers intact.
- Fiction books will generally be accepted if in good condition.
- Non-fiction books must be relevant and should not be more than 5 years old.
- DVDs, Spoken Word Audio CDs, Children’s Books and Music CDs will be accepted.
The library will not accept:
- Materials that are mildewed, moldy, dirty, dried out, damp or musty smelling.
- Textbooks, medical or legal texts and workbooks that accompany textbooks.
- Magazines, including National Geographic.
- VHS and cassette tapes.
- Reader’s Digest condensed books.
- Games and puzzles.
Remember, books that cannot be donated can be recycled along with your household recycling. Recycling old books helps the environment, however you should do this from home. The Library is not responsible for recycling unacceptable donations and it will be the patron’s responsibility to remove these donations from the Library.