A new policy is being initiated for January 2015. Please be advised that beginning January 2, 2015, there will be a $1.00 fee for each expired available hold request. Patrons wishing to avoid being charged this fee will need to cancel their hold request(s) before the pickup date.
What this means is that if you do not pick up your hold within 3 days of being notified of your hold (4 days in total) you will be charged $1.00 per expired hold. So if you are notified you have a hold on Monday, you have until the end of day Thursday to pick up you hold. Friday, you would be fined if you did not pick up the hold, cancel the hold, or ask for extended time Monday – Thursday during regular business hours.
We will be providing further explanatory handouts and memos as the month progresses.
You can call to cancel their holds or do so online using the MY ACCOUNT feature available on our website. Please ask at the Circulation Desk if you need instructions on how to access your account online.
You may call to request additional time to pick up your holds if you cannot make it to the library in time.
Somerset location — 732-873-8700, option 2
Franklin Park location — 732-873-8700, option 5
From our website, it is easy to cancel a hold. Here are the steps:
1. Visit franklintwp.org, and select the “My Account” feature – in the Blue header box next to our logo.
2. This brings you to the catalog screen.
3. Next, select “Review My Account” to view account summary.
4. Login using your User ID number and PIN. (Your User ID is 14-digit barcode found on the back of your library card. Enter without spaces. If you have forgotten your PIN, you can reset it or call the Circulation Desk for assistance.)
5. Under “Holds” select the hold requests that you wish to cancel then click on “Cancel selected holds.”
This does NOT take effect until January 2, 2015. Please contact Circulation with any questions.
Don’t miss what’s happening at FTPL! We’re on Twitter, Facebook, WordPress and now Pinterest!