Tucker Tale’s Presents Punch & Judy Puppet Show on Tuesday, Dec. 9 from 7- 7:30 PM in the Community Room. The best known heroes of the puppet stage are coming! Suitable for ages 5 years to adult. Please register!
Gordon James is coming to do a seasonal Jazz concert on Wednesday, Dec. 10 from 7-8:15 PM in the Community Room. Enjoy an evening of seasonal music to wake up your holiday spirit and welcome the winter season. Trumpeter, flugelhornist, vocalist, band leader, composer, arranger and recording artist Gordon James leads a group of veteran musicians during this upbeat jazz concert for adults and older children. (You can also check out Gordon’s webpage.)
Take a peek at our Calendar and the Children’s Calendar to see all our fantastic events! Make sure you check which events you need to register for on the calendars. Also check the calendars for event locations.
Don’t miss what’s happening at FTPL! We’re on Twitter, Facebook, WordPress and now Pinterest!
Looking for something fun—and FREE—to do this summer? If you like music, be sure to check out The Franklin Township Public Library’s Free Summer Concert Series on Wednesday evenings from June 29th through August 24th. This year’s series has been extended to nine concerts, and will feature the following artists:
• June 29, Pistolera (accordion-driven melodies in Español)
• July 6, J.T.’s Emeralds (Philly-based Doo Wop group)
• July 13, Animus, (Middle Eastern/Rock fusion)
• July 20, New Jersey Symphony Orchestra (string quartet featuring Italian works)
• July 27, String Fever (Bluegrass)
• August 3, Buskin & Batteau (Folk duo)
• August 10, Indian Light Sampler (introduction by various vocalists)
• August 17, Ukrainian Folk Music & Dance (cosponsored by Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA)
• August 24, The Bill Noren Group (Jazz quartet)
“Our concert series is a great way to stretch your budget and stay close to home while exploring new types music and enjoying a night out in our beautiful facility,” said Adult Programming and Outreach Librarian Erin Blatt. “We try to find a little something for everyone so that the series line-up will stay surprising and fun each year,” added Blatt.
Each show will begin at 7pm in the Community Room of the Franklin Township Public Library at 485 DeMott Lane, Somerset, 08873. All shows are free, but seating is limited and pre-registration is required. Registration is available online via the Library’s event calendar at www.franklintwp.org, or by calling 732-873-8700 ext. 111, during regular business hours.