FTPL’s patrons can now choose from several options to access downloadable and portable digital books.
- DigitalLibraryNJ offers both eBooks and eAudiobooks for download. You can browse, checkout, and download more than 350 eBooks and over 1900 eAudiobooks using an Internet connection, free software from Overdrive, and your library card.
eBooks are easily transferred to your Sony eReader or Nook and other compatible devices; eAudiobooks to your iPods, MP3 players or CD. Click here for a guided tour.
- Click here for a quick guide on downloading and transferring titles from Overdrive to your nook.
- You can also enjoy over 15,000 more eBooks through DigitalLibraryNj and OverDrive’s Project Gutenberg eBook collection. These EPUB eBooks are always available and you don’t need to login to download the books. Many classic fiction and non-fiction titles are available, including works by Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, William Shakespeare and many others.
- OneClickDigital (formerly NetLibrary) offers access to over 3,000 eAudiobook titles to listen to on your computer or portable device. Audiobooks from OneClickDigital can be transferred to a variety of portable devices, including iPods and MP3 players. Multiple users can access these titles simultaneously. Users can now set up an account with OneClickDigital from their home computer. Click here(or on the logo above) to get started.
- In addition to our traditional audiobook collection, the library offers Playaways for checkout. A Playaway is a small audio player that comes preloaded with an entire audiobook, regardless of length. You don’t need a separate player, and you don’t have to worry about several cassettes or CDS… just press play!