We are happy to work with you in meeting the educational needs of the students in both public and private schools in Franklin Township.
Here are some questions we frequently hear from teachers:
Can I bring my class to visit the library?
Teachers may schedule up to two visits per year of students accompanied by their teacher(s). To ensure a meaningful experience, these visits are arranged by appointment with the Head of Youth Services, who will determine the size of the group in consultation with the teacher. These visits may consist of a tour, basic library instruction, and a story.
Can I bring my class to public programs?
Publicized programs are for children with their families. Our programs are well attended by the public most of the time, so unfortunately we are not able to accomodate school groups at these programs. Please do call to arrange a special visit for your class!
We encourage you to visit or call the Franklin Township Library when planning an assignment. Librarians are happy to talk with you about the resources available.
Did you know that the library has many resource databases on line that can be accessed from school or home computers? Visit the Franklin Township Library home page to access these databases.
Here are some additional things we can do to help:
1) We can put materials for the assignment on reserve so that all students have access to them.
2) We can order additional materials to help meet student needs.
3) We can suggest alternative materials which can be used to complete the assignment.
4) We can search the Internet and create website lists for your students to search.
5) We can create booklists to help students choose books that will excite them.