Have you ever wanted to check out a Reference book and not been able to? Good news! Now you may be able to. We’ve implemented a new initiative, and now some of the items in our Reference collection CAN be checked out!
If you’ve noticed the pink labels on some of the Reference books, this means they can be checked out. You can see in the photo that the items on the right can be checked out because they have pink call numbers.
Here are the rules:
- You can only have ONE circulating Reference item checked out at a time
- You may only check out a circulating Reference item for 3 days
- Overdue fines are $2.00 a day, up to $100.
- You take the item you would like to check out to Circulation, as normal
- When you search the catalog, you can also see if something is Circulating Reference under “Materials” – below, the red box.