Due to federal budget cuts, the IRS Tax Forms Outlet Program has reduced the number of forms and publications they will provide to us and other libraries this year.
- We will only have Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ for patrons to take home. No instruction books will be available.
- We currently have the 1040 and 1040A forms, but we do not yet have the 1040EZ forms. All available forms are near the water fountains at the front of the library.
- Visit the IRS website to view or print copies of forms and instructions
- You may also order forms to come to you by mail at this website
- You may also order forms by phone at 800-829-3676. If you call please expect long waits due to IRS staff reductions
New Jersey no longer provides tax forms of publication to public libraries. You can visit the New Jersey Division of Taxation website for more information.
- Forms are now available on their website
- You can order NJ forms to be sent to you by fax at NJ TaxFax 609-826-4500
There are handouts at Circulation and Reference that also give you this information on how to obtain 2014 tax forms.
Once again, the AARP will be providing tax preparation assistance to individuals at the Library during the months of February, March & April. The program runs from February 2- April 15. They will be in the Library starting Wednesday, February 3. You can see when they will be in the Library on the calendar, but make sure you make your appointment before you show up! Appointments are mandatory.
Assistance is by appointment only, and inquiries should be directed to the AARP directly. Appointment preference will be given to the elderly and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The contact number for appointments is (908) 541-5710. This number will open for appointments on February 2, 2015.
Know what’s going on at FTPL! We’re on Twitter, Facebook, WordPress and now Pinterest