DigitalLibraryNJ now uses the 3M Cloud Library to make eBooks and eAudiobooks available to Franklin Township Library patrons. Visit our eBooks page for details on how to get the app for your device. Set up is easy: just select the library, then enter your barcode and PIN. Start browsing our collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks today! Click on Categories, or search by title etc. to view our complete collection.
Please note that our collection may seem limited right now, but we are waiting for the publisher rights from our previous ebook provider to be transferred to 3M.
We will be holding Open House sessions this Wednesday, March 4 and Monday, March 23. They will both be 7-8:30 PM in the Community Room and registration is advised. These sessions will inform you about the Library’s new eBook lending platform, give you tips for streamlined downloading, and help you troubleshoot your own eReader device. Please bring your eReader with you to the meeting.
We will still have OneClickDigital audiobooks and ebooks available, and you can continue to use this service as normal. OneClickDigital recently updated their website, and now the content is very easy to use. OneClickDigital’s new platform is very similar to 3M Cloud Library, which will be our new ebook service.
3M Cloud Library is a new ebook platform that the Library will be using. The 3M Cloud Library offers:
- Streamlined checkout and holds processes
- Faster download times
- A user-friendly interface
- Ability to sync to multiple devices
- Compatibility with any app-friendly device:
- iOS App: iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
- Android App: Android phones and devices
- PC/MAC App: Windows/MAC OS X, Nook ereader, Kobo ereader
- Kindle Fire App: Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX
- Nook App: Nook tablets
- Transfer from PC to: Sony ereader, Kobo ereader, Nook 3G & Nook Wifi, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Simple Touch Glowlight
- The 3M Cloud Library is NOT compatible with Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite or Kindle Voyager. If you go to their webpage and scroll to the bottom, they explain that Amazon does not currently support 3M Cloud Library, and provide you an email address to contact. We encourage you to email Amazon at firstname.lastname@example.org to encourage them to make all their Kindles work with additional library ebook platforms.
- The 3M Cloud Library apps work with other devices like PCs, tablets or phones
You can see our ebook services anytime on our ebook webpage.
P.S. – Don’t forget we have 4 kindles with pre-loaded titles available for checkout. These have great titles like The Girl on the Train, The Boston Girl, Leaving Time, Gray Mountain and more! Please note that if it says it is “being repaired” it is probably available for checkout. We evaluate their condition every time they are returned.