How can I get new library materials?
You can request library materials via the following methods:
- Our online catalog.
- Calling us at 732-873-8700 Opt. 3.
- Using the new library chat service on on our website.
Curbside Pickup Hours
Main Branch (485 DeMott Lane)
|Mon-Thurs||10am to 8pm|
|Fri||10am to 4:30pm|
|Sat||10am to 4:30pm|
|Sun||1pm to 3:30pm|
Franklin Park Branch (3391 Rt.27 S., Ste. 101)
|Mon||10am to 8pm|
|Tues, Wed, Fri||10am to 4:30pm|
|Thurs||2:30pm to 8pm|
|Sat||10am to 1:30pm|
Patrons will be limited to five (5) holds per card and only Video Club members can borrow movies.
Please be sure to choose your pickup location when you place your hold(s).
How do I pick up my library materials?
Follow the simple steps below to pick up your library materials.
- Wait to receive notice from the library that your holds are ready. You will have three (3) days from the date of notice to pick up your holds.
- Drive to the library you chose as your pickup location. Call the library once you have parked your car. Please park near the main entrance.
- Wait for staff to bring your holds out to your vehicle and place them in the trunk. Do not exit your vehicle, and keep your windows rolled up.
- Please have your library card number ready when you call. You will need to provide the make, color and license plate number of your car so staff can identify your vehicle.
How do I return library materials?
Please use the library book drops. Returned materials will not be checked in until after a minimum 72-hour quarantine period. During the quarantine period materials will still be listed as checked out to your account though no fines will be assessed.
For example: An item returned on a Monday will remained checked out until Thursday. No fines are assessed during the intervening days.
Will I receive a fine for late returns?
We will not start charging fines until July 7th. On that same date fines of $5 or greater can be paid online via the library catalog.
What is the library doing to keep patrons and staff safe?
The library is following CDC recommendations for COVID-19 safety, including:
- Quarantining returned items for 72 hours before check-in and recirculation.
- Wearing gloves and masks while handling all materials.
- Sanitizing library surfaces and equipment frequently.
- Maintaining appropriate social distances between staff members.
- Limiting the number of staff in the building to make social distancing easier.
If you have any questions about our curbside pickup service, please call us at 732-873-8700, leave a comment below, or send us a message on our brand new chat service through our website!
Thanks for reading!