With Gale Presents: Udemy, users can explore more than 7,000 continuously updated, on-demand video courses across 75 categories in business, technology, design, and more to learn and develop professionally anytime, anywhere. All courses are taught by world-class instructors and, best of all, you can feel good knowing that the content is fresh. Courses are updated or replaced monthly with new material on emerging topics, so learners develop skills in the most relevant, in-demand areas. Last but not least, Udemy is free to use with your FTPL card!
How to get started:
- Visit Gale Presents: Udemy.
- Click Sign In / Create a Udemy Account.
- Log in with a Microsoft or Google account.
Using the Udemy for Business App
- Download the Udemy for Business app (available for Android and Apple).
- When asked for your organization’s account name, put Gale. The web address should read gale.udemy.com before you click next.
- Search for Franklin Township Public Library.
- Enter your Library Card Number.
- Tap the red bar to log in with your Microsoft or Google account.
After you create an account, you will be asked to click on the topics that are most relevant to your needs. A personalized playlist of course videos will then be created for you. In the example below, the topics selected include leadership growth, web development, personal well-being, and several others.
Courses can then be watched via the player pictured below. You can navigate to any point in the course using the pane on the right of the video. Below this section, you can read a more complete course description, reviews left by other Udemy users who have finished the course, and more.
For any questions about using Udemy, please leave a comment below or call the reference desk at 732-873-8700 opt. 3.
Thanks for reading,