Do you need help downloading and using eBooks? Did you recently purchase a smartphone, tablet, or laptop that needs to be set up? Are you working on a word document that is proving difficult to format? If you are having any tech-related problems, you can sign up for one of our free and personalized one-on-one tech help classes today! The topic of each class will be tailored to your specific need and we can help you with with just about anything in the tech world, but here are a few common issues:
- Computer essentials, such as keyboard and mouse basics.
- Navigating and using the internet.
- Creating, using, and customizing email.
- Social media account creation and help for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
- Downloading, installing, and using one of our free digital reading apps (Hoopla, CloudLibrary, and rbDigital).
- Setting up your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
- Help with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Using library databases and other digital services (Mango Languages, Consumer Reports, etc.).
Individual sessions are scheduled for 30-minutes or 1-hour depending on availability and need, and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please call the adult reference desk during business hours (732.873.8700 ext. 111) Monday through Friday to check availability and to register. Time slots fill quickly!
If you have any questions about our free one-on-one tech help sessions, please leave a comment below (registration cannot be taken through comment) or call 732-873-8700 ext. 111.
Thanks for reading! We hope to see you soon!