Make a Fairy or Gnome House!
Fairies and gnomes like to live close to nature, in the hollows of tree trunks, a thicket, or even in fields of flowers – or toadstools! Make a fanciful paper home for a fairy or gnome using the toadstool template below. If you can’t print it, trace or draw your own.
What you need:
- Paper (any kind, but scrapbook paper is great)
- Crayons or markers
- Gluestick and/or glue
- Scraps of ribbon, paper, buttons, etc.
What you do:
- Print the template below (To print: Right-click and copy, then paste into a word processing program or Google Docs and print from there), cut it out, and trace the pieces onto scrapbook paper OR Draw a half circle and a trapezoid on scrapbook paper.
- Cut out the traced pieces.
- Glue the half circle near the smaller end of the trapezoid so that it looks like a mushroom or toadstool.
- Draw doors and windows and decorate your house with bits of paper, ribbon, buttons, etc. You can make a door that opens (cut one side up and around the top) and hide a fairy inside!
Tip: If adding buttons as decoration, use white glue rather than a gluestick. A limited number of kits with the template, some paper scraps, and some gnomes are available at the Children’s Desk at the Main Library.