Paint Splat Bookmarks
Turn paint splatters into monsters to decorate a bookmark to keep your place when reading a scary book!
What you need:
- Strips of light-colored cardstock, approx 2 x 8 inches
- Brush or plastic spoon
- Cardboard box (pizza box or shoe box or anything similar)
- Black marker
- Ribbon or narrow paper strip (one for each bookmark)
What you do:
- Place one or two strips in the cardboard box.
- Scoop up just a little paint with the brush or spoon.
- Hold the brush (or spoon) over the box and let the paint drop onto the cardstock strip.
- If any of the paint blobs are too thick, smear them a little with a paper towel or your finger.
- Let the paint dry.
- Use the black marker to add faces, hair, arms and legs, shoes – whatever you like!
- Fold a short piece of ribbon or thin paper in half and staple to the top of the bookmark.
- Name your monster creations!
Come to the library to choose just the right scary book for your bookmark.