Looking to join a Bookclub?
Our Second Saturday Bookclub meets the second Saturday most months! To check out our current selection and find out when our next meeting will occur please click here.
Looking to start a Bookclub?
Franklin Township Public Library offers a number of Bookclub Kits available for you to check out. Each kit contains 10 copies of a titleas well as information about the author, a reading guide, and discussion leader tips. The kit circulates as an entire set and is checked out to an individual cardholder. Please review the policies below before placing a request. If you have a question please contact us.
Book Club Kit Policies
- What titles are available as book club kits? See our “Bookclub Title List” to see a complete list or browse the available titles in the library catalog.
- Can I request a book in advance? Book club kits can be reserved up to six months in advance by calling 732-873-8700 ext. 111 or by requesting a kit online. The current schedule for Book Club Kits is available to the left or by clicking here. It is not possible to place holds on kits through the library catalog.
- Who can check out Book Club Kits? Any Franklin Township Public Library cardholder. The kit circulates as an entire set and is checked out to an individual cardholder. No more than one bag at a time may be checked out to an individual.
- How long does a Book Club Kit circulate? Kits can be checked out for 6 weeks. Bags may be renewed one time if no one else is waiting for the kit. The overdue fine for kits returned late is $2.00 per day. Kits that are returned incomplete will be fined $2.00 per day once the due date is reached until the missing part is returned or the replacement cost of the missing item(s) is received. Replacement cost for an entire kit is $150.00. The replacement costs of individual parts will depend on the cost of the individual item.
- Where do I pick up a Book Club Kit? Kits being held for patrons can be found at the circulation desk.
- How do I suggest a title to be added to the collection? Call the Reference desk at 732-873-8700 ext. 111 or stop by in person.