Tell Us Your Story: COVID-19 Archive Project
We are living through a historic moment and the library wants to document our community's experience during these extraordinary times.
These experiences will be added to Franklin Township Public Library's Local History collection so future generations can gain a better understanding
of the pandemic's impact on our community through the eyes of those who were there.
- We need stories from everyone! No matter your age, profession, or background, anyone is welcome to submit. Representatives from various organizations can submit as well
- We are very interested in the stories of those working on the front lines. Whether you're a first responder, medical professional, teacher, or essential retail employee we want your story.
- While digital material is preferred we are accepting any medium or format: text document, hand-written journal, social media handles, photographs, audio/video recordings, drawings, poetry, etc
If you are not already keeping a journal or diary you can use the questions below to help guide your response.
- Tell us about yourself.
- When did you first hear about COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
- What experiences made the situation feel very real or surreal to you?
- What emotions have you and/or your family experienced?
- What good things have happened? Have there been “silver linings?”
- What bad things have happened in your family/friend circle?
- What have you found most helpful in dealing with this situation?
- How have you balanced work life and family life?
- What are you most worried about?
- How did you explain the situation to your children and how have they reacted to not going to school, seeing their friends, etc.
- Describe life for you right now. What is your daily routine? What are you doing to pass the time? What are some of the biggest changes that have affected your life and/or that of your household?
- How are you maintaining connections with people outside of your household?
- As your documenting continues, take note how Day 1 felt, Day 10, etc.
- If you were telling this story to someone 100 years from now, what would you want them to know? What advice might you have for a person reading this in the future?
Have you lost a loved one to Covid?
Do you know someone we've lost to COVID-19? Help us remember them. Submit their story. Tell us more about them. Include photos and tell us what they meant to you.
How to Submit Your Story
Use the button below to submit your story:
Submit your story today!
Have questions or comments? Please contact the library at 732-873-8700, Option 3 or email us via our contact page.