Current Teen Volunteer Opportunities at FTPL:
Teen Advisory Group (TAG)
Help plan and create teen programming, write book reviews, decorate the teen room, and more!
- When does volunteering take place? Throughout the year.
- Who can join TAG? TAG is open to students ages 12-17 who reside in Franklin Township (NJ).
- How can I become a TAG volunteer?
New applications for TAG are usually available in September and are open until all spots are filled. At this time all of our spaces in TAG are filled. Thank you for your interest in TAG.
Types of TAG volunteer tasks include:
Create original content for the library’s social media for teen
Write book reviews to be displayed in the teen space or on social media
Decorating the teen space
Write letters to seniors in nursing homes and/or deployed soldiers.
Help to decide, prepare and to execute teen programs (in person and virtual)
Clerical work such as cutting paper, checking supply stocks, straightening shelves, etc.
Teen Reading Buddies
Help a child practice their reading skills.
- When does volunteering take place? Summer (July-August).
- Who can be a Reading Buddy? Teens entering grades 8-12 in September who are excited about helping children practice reading.
- How can I become a Teen Reading Buddy? Applications for the Summer 2022 program are now closed as we have filled all of the spaces. If any of the current volunteers are unable to fulfill their obligations, we will reopen applications to new volunteers. Please check back later.
Summer Virtual Volunteering for Teens
Applications for the Teen Summer 2022 Virtual Volunteering is now closed. Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
Questions? Contact the Reference Desk by using the form here or 732-873-8700 option 3.
Youth Services Department Volunteering
Assist by straightening up the Youth Services area which includes toys and puzzles, magazines, and board books. Special projects as assigned.
Not available at this time.